"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Styling Our World

Our internet went down randomly last night so I couldn't tell you guys about my class! So I'll post twice today to get y'all up to speed.

Yesterday was a training class called "Styling Our World." It was the first day of training for just costuming employees and it was really interesting. The beginning of the class class was an overview of costuming terms that we'll need to know and we had to do an E-learning about health stuff for OSHA. Then came the best thing ever: a tour of every single costuming building on Disney property!! It was amazing to see. Each park has an operational costume location and an entertainment costume location and we toured all of them. It really opened my eyes to just how many people Disney costuming has to be prepared for. Every single ride attendant, character performer, dancer, seamstress, custodian: everyone has to have a costume that comes from this department. It's a LOT of costumes and the entire system is so organized and neat. It makes my OCD very happy. They explained the advanced technological system of checking costumes out for each person that is so streamlined its amazing. Every costume is tracked by the computers so nothing gets lost. WDW Comapanies have over 4 million costumes worldwide. That is so baffling.

We saw all the characters costumes and I fell in love. I was a kid in a candy store and I am so excited I get to work there. I know that there's so many more secrets that I'm going to get to learn and so many practices that I can take with me into all my other theatre experiences. I can't wait to keep going to work and just absorbing everything these people know because it is a LOT. All of my instructors have been so knowledgable about costuming as well as a lot of other aspects of the Disney company. I've found that I look up to them so much for all the experiences they've had and the knowledge they've acquired from working here so long. It's really something I look forward to being a part of!

That was all the magic from yesterday!

Time in: 8:45 a.m.
Time out: 3:15 p.m.

Sunday-
Time in: 8:30 a.m.
Time out: 5:00 p.m.

Friday-
Time in: 12:45 p.m.
Time out: 5:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment