"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Friday, May 3, 2013

Time in: 8:45 a.m.
Time out: 7:45 p.m.

Yesterday I was track two but the stilts never went up so I was basically just like any other track. It threatened to rain all morning long so the stilts got downed for the first show and they did an Abort To Restart after the conga section, which just means that they skipped the rest of the parade's choreography and immediately head back to Shade Control. I did have to make Louie's head before the parade started which is my absolute least favorite thing to do. His arm pads were already in there, but it was sprinkling outside so I couldn't lay him out on the table to do it. I had to balance him on my legs in a chair which is all but an impossible way to successfully build a Louie head. He came back after the first parade and said his arm pads were the old ones and he'd like the new ones so I ended up having to do that again anyways. It's a pain in the bum and I'm so glad I won't have to do it again. Yesterday was officially my last day as track 2 and I'm glad about it.

They downed the second and third parade, but not until 5 minutes before each show was supposed to go out. We ended up having to break everything down inside and load the truck in the rain. I got done with all my work downstairs with about an hour to spare, which I spent pretending to look busy so as not to raise any suspicions. I didn't feel like doing Character Room work at all.

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment