"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Monday, April 29, 2013

Time in: 8:45 a.m.
Time out: 7:45 p.m.

We had two call outs this morning, so as track 5 I had to skip going to Shade Control and head to the PC instead to build stilts. I took over track 2's duties for the morning and cleared the dry room of the stilt shoes and helmets as well as build two stilts and put away the NSA. Everything else ran smoothly after that and soon it was time to help Lumiere get dressed. It wasn't Jared today, it was a boy named Doug and I had to help him much differently than I do Jared. Doug had almost no idea how to get himself dressed, I had to help a lot. But thankfully Jared had clearly explained the process to me when I trained so I was able to help Doug a lot. The first parade was pretty awkward trying to get into a groove, but after that I knew exactly how to help him and what he did and did not know about the costume. It was really interesting to see the vast difference in the performers selected to play the same role but Doug did do a wonderful job during the parade, that was obvious from the small snippits I get to see myself.

The rest of the day was really smooth. It was another odd assortment of people working together today, but we pulled it off smoothly and nothing went awry at all!

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment