"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Time in: 7:45 a.m.
Time out: 8:45 p.m.

Two people called out yesterday morning so there was only 3 of us. Usually if someone calls out the track 5 person just doesn't go to Shade Control first and goes straight to the PC so that's what I did. We all picked up the slack and built all the stiltwalkers pretty fast. We didn't have to load all the bins that we normally do so it felt weird loading up the truck. Sal wanted to keep the 3-bin thing because he was going to fix the top that had broke the other day. So it was weird because I've gotten in the routine of having all of them but change is good, right?

I got to help Frozone, Lumiere and Woody before the first show. I felt in very high demand like they all knew I knew what I was doing. Which felt awesome. I helped Woody every single show yesterday. The performer was a sweetheart and he kept coming back to get my help, I loved it. Once the first show went out I volunteered to go back to the PC to grab the track sheets for the 2 fly people that had showed up. Ana had forgotten them when we left. I got back right in time to help Sebastian sort through the yellow emergency bin. 

I was talking to my friend Ana Maria from Mexico and she was telling me all about her escapades from the night before. Apparently she had a little hanky panky with her neighbor from the Netherlands. It was precious to see her tell the story because she was embarrassed but laughing and she didn't know what hanky panky meant when I said it. I had to explain. And then our coordinator Ana heard us and started talking about hanky panky. It was absolutely hysterical. It was interesting too. I learned that teenagers around the world are all the same.

When we went down to the Character Room I killed time by organizing the stilt drawers on the accessory wall. I had major CR shift flashbacks. I did not like it. Then we took back a whole bunch of stuff from Alt's so we had to take the long way but it killed the perfect amount of time.

All during the day I kept zoning out because I was so incredibly tired. Ana would ask me to do something and I'd think I understood but I would go to the completely wrong person and do something completely wrong. Ana would just laugh and yell at me to go to the other person. This one stilt girl named Liz always was around when I did something dumb. I'm sure she thinks I'm an idiot. I was just so tired! I worked 78 hours in 6 days which is the most I've ever worked in that time ever. It was a crazy crazy week.

That's all the magic for today!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading all your posts! Thank you for sharing! I take Traditions this Saturday and hope I have your enthusiasm! Take care!

    ReplyDelete