"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Monday, April 8, 2013

Time in: 8:45 a.m.
Time out: 7:45 p.m.

Double day parades are over and I am so incredibly happy about it!! Those 13 hour days were absolutely killing me. We're back to good old 11 hour days now which is fine by me.

I was track 5 today (explained in the pages section) so I was supposed to go straight to Shade Control in the morning. However, Alex called out this morning so Ana had me go to the PC with them to pick up the slack there. I build 2 stiltwalker outfits and then gathered all the missing items from the board. Then I scanned NSA and started putting it and the hang dry away. Even though we were missing a person this morning, things got done real efficiently. We were all done with putting stuff away before we even left for Shade Control, which almost never happens especially with a person missing. I guess everybody had their Wheaties this morning.

By the middle of the first show I was supposed to help Cassie check the emergency bin but she had already done it so we just took a break instead which was a nice surprise. I kept forgetting little things from my track here and there. I forgot to be checking the towels all day and I also forgot to help Ana with the stilt vests at the end of the day. I really hate when I forget things I always feel so bad, but I know that it's not a huge deal here. There's so many people all covering each others' backs that when you slip up, there's plenty of people to pick up the slack. It's nice and comforting but I was still mad at myself for forgetting.

At 5:00 we had a big scare. We had to take a Goofy head back to Shade Control with us after break. We were just leaving the PC when these two Captains come sprinting up to our pargo and shouting for us to stop. My first thought was that we had hit somebody, but I knew we hadn't. It was really frightening! The two Captains and a few performers from Hoedown then swarmed the pargo trying to hide the Goofy head from view because apparently there were guests backstage. They had to evacuate the Pirates ride which is right in front of the PC so all the guests were walking backstage to get out of Pirates. We had no idea so we didn't know to cover up the Goofy head. Everyone made this huge gigantic deal out of it so it seemed really serious and legit. It wasn't until we had him covered and drove away that Ana said something about it. She thought they were being silly by freaking out so much because Disney has backstage tours and guest bands that see performers without their heads all the time. It just goes to show that there's always two sides to a story no matter what the situation and there's always going to be people that don't agree that the same things are important. With Disney, you'll always find two people that think the rules are different from what they really are. But nobody knows what all the rules really are. There are so many different pages here it's ridiculous. I guess with a company this big though that's expected.

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment