"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Time in: 8:45 a.m.
Time out: 7:45 p.m.

I was track one today for the first time in a long while. I enjoy this track, it's pretty laid back. I made my first run before the first show to get Blake Smith's stilt shoes and another pair of Sebastian shoes. Pretty standard run. I also had to attach a Minnie bow right when we got to Shade Control because the one from the day before had been broken. I had to get another costumer named Alex to help me because there's a perfect T-pinning system and I am not the best at it. She was nice enough to teach me how to do it today. After the first parade I was responsible for going back to the PC to wash the Bob torso from the first show. Luckily Julie the coordinator thought to bring another torso at the beginning of the day so I didn't have to grab another one. 

When we were getting ready for the second parade the Genie asked me to help him with his gloves. I accidentally tried to put the wrong glove on the wrong hand. I can never tell the difference, I just hope I pick the right one and today when it was wrong I was so embarrassed. I felt like the dumb costuming CP girl. Lucky for me though the Genie was totally nice about it saying that even he couldn't tell the difference until he put them one. I really like that performer as a person so I guess it was a good person for that to happen to. I helped Jessie for every parade today too and it was the same performer as yesterday. She just barely barely fits in the costume so when zipping her up I had to get another person to help both days. Jessie is probably the most difficult costume to get approved in and that performer is right on the line of being disapproved.

We had to make an extra Chip for the third parade because our Chip was going somewhere else, I'm not real sure. But then I didn't have enough chipmunk furs to make three, so somebody is going to have to make one in the morning. I feel kind of bad about that but there's nothing I could do about it. Then we get to Shade Control and find out that our Mickey is getting replaced to but nobody bothered to tell us. So tomorrow they've got to build Mickey too. I hope they don't get too busy and stressed out. Julie the coordinator today let us have an extra twenty minutes in our afternoon break because she knew that we were done with everything and had absolutely nothing to do. I love working with Julie, she's so fun to be around and always thanks us over and over for the hard work we do. She really appreciates us which is so nice to be around.

Right as the last parade was coming in and we were supposed to break down outside, something happened and all the characters had to head inside in their whole costumes, heads and all. At first I didn't have any clue what was happening. I found out later that a guest had to come backstage with her family and be seen my some EMT's because she had a medical emergency. She had her children with her and if anyone under the age of 16 is backstage they're not allowed to see "anything un-magical." So, we broke down the parade inside Shade Control. It was absolute and complete craziness because it was last minute and all of our bins were set up outside. So we just made random piles on the floor. It made us behind schedule so we were hustling to get the laundry in on time too once we got to the PC. In the end, we made it through the day with 10 minutes left until we had to clock out. Earlier than we've ever been before and everyone had been sprinting and freaking out about being on time to clock out. It was pretty ironic, but it's cool. All in a day's work, right?

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment