"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Time in: 8:45 a.m.
Time out: 7:45 p.m.

Today was absolutely crazy. There were things changing and going wrong left and right. I think more things went wrong today than have ever in one single day before. There was never a gigantic crazy the-world-is-ending moment or anything, but we had a whole bunch of changes and replacements and characters going down (meaning they don't go out in the parade).

So, to begin, I was on track 5 today so I started by going to Shade Control and checking heads and shoes. There was something wrong with 3 different heads and 1 pair of shoes. Usually I don't find anything wrong at all, so I don't know if there were just some rowdy performers yesterday or if yesterdays costumer on track 5 didn't check well enough or what happened, but it was really crazy. I had to carry Sheriff Woody's shoes back with me to the PC so Ana could see if she wanted to replace them for the day. It was a huge pain because the PC is far away. And Sheriff Woody's shoes are heavy. Really heavy. Anyways once I got there I put away NSA and we headed back to Shade Control.

When we got back Goofy was complaining that her head was wet which was really suspicious because we had no idea why it was wet. So somebody had to go back to the PC to get that and an entire chipmunk body because there was no preset from the day before. Also suspicious because that's really really not supposed to happen. I did learn though that when you go over the radio and ask for a head that you have to say "thinking cap" just in case a guest hears the radio on someone out in the park. Apparently this is the only word there's a rule for, which doesn't make sense to me. Why isn't there a rule against saying "Goofy's body"? I personally think I'd be more freaked out to hear "Hey, bring me Goofy's body" than "Bring me Goofy's head." But maybe that's just me.

After the first parade was done I had to go back to the PC with Ana to pick some stuff up. We ended up needing a new Goofy preset, a new Frozone preset, a new Bob preset, and a large stilt liner. That's more than I have EVER had to get from the PC after the first parade, which just goes to show how much stuff was going wrong today. It was like we were being sabotaged or something.

After lunch I was doing my presets when Ana came over to inspect some of the Woody sashes. We basically created a thorough investigation on all the Woody sashes to see which ones matched the snaps on the pants. We got through all of them and every single one was messed up in one snap or another. It was absolutely ridiculous, Ana and I were so frustrated. It got to the point where we just stopped, looked at each other, and burst out laughing. It was crazy.

Right before we loaded up to go Ana told us we needed a new Mickey and a new stilt 10. So I built the stilt and Jessica-Rae built Mickey. However, once we got there we learned that the Mickey was actually staying. And we had a new Genie instead. So we had an extra Mickey preset, but were down a Genie preset. It just goes to show you that the communication here is not always up to speed.

The rest of the day went fine, we loaded up pretty okay (this one girl loaded the truck that usually doesn't and we all realized why. Everything was in the wrong place.) but ended up having to book it once we got back to the PC. Hanging up laundry flew by and then we were off! It was a really really hectic day, but it flew by.

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment