"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Time in: 5:00 p.m. 
Time out: 1:30 a.m.

Yesterday was a glorious ride in the front seat of the hot mess express. It sucked. I think it was mainly because my coordinator has taken to talking to me as if I'm intellectually disabled and can't function. She literally read this paper aloud to me while pointing at words as if I couldn't read. It was so frustrating. 

Anyways, I started out doing my line assignment and building Mickey and Minnie outfits. It took me no time at all because they are the easiest. Everything else on my line assignment didn't need to be done so I asked my coordinator Jackie what she needed me to do. She put me at the issue counter because she was going to show the other girl who was there how to do something else. So I manned the issue counter and put away basics. I ended up being there quite some time because the girl's replacement went with the runner to learn different locations we have to make runs to. So when the next person finally got up to the issue counter, I had already missed something important on my track. My coordinator came over to me and asked to physically see my track and told me, quite cheekily, "Zoe. You're supposed to be in soil right. I'm going to need you to go to soil, okay?" As if I had just stayed up there for the fun of it! It was so rude. So I went back to soil and was afraid to go do the assignment on my track that I had missed because if Jackie came to soil and I wasn't there, I'm sure it would have been a problem. But I ended up getting another girl to cover soil for me and I ran quickly to grab the band laundry and sort it all out. It ended up being fine, but it was extremely aggravating.

After lunch, I went back to soil. The performers were coming back really late tonight because they extended the Magic Kingdom hours until 12:00. So I had to be there until 1:30 with just Jackie and another girl that Jackie is really rude to. It was awkward, to say the least. But we got everything done and then helped the girl working on Fairies so she wouldn't be there too late by herself. Then I was done. It was an easy day based on my work load, but so stressful and I left very ready to never go back again. 

That's all the magic for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment