"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Friday, February 15, 2013

Time in: 8:30 a.m.
Time out: 5:00 p.m.

Today in the Character Room was the same but different. I put away parts of the Evil Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine's (Cinderella's step-mother) outfits for a little bit. Then my coordinator sent me to make some of Cinderella's and Belle's petticoats. She had me teach a newer boy how to do it since he hadn't learned yet. It felt really weird to be teaching in that atmosphere since I'm brand new myself! But it was also cool, because I actually knew what I was talking about. I realized I know much more than I thought I did, which was a neat surprise. We did that for a while and then I went back to Hang Dry and put away a bunch of stuff. That took a while and then I hung out in Soil until we got our morning rush. That's starting to be my favorite place because I actually get to talk to performers and people outside costuming so I don't feel like I'm stuck in a cave so much. However, I am starting to really like the older ladies I work with. I finally feel comfortable enough to joke around with them which makes work a lot more fun. Then after I lunch I went back to Soil and stayed there pretty much the rest of the day. I'm learning to not look at the clock and have a slower pace, so my days don't feel as long anymore. Things are getting better, I guess. I think I'm just learning how to deal with my surroundings now. I'm hoping I get my new assignment soon though! Because the boy that I came in and trained with just saw his new job on his schedule. So hopefully I get to learn my new location soon!

That's all the magic for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment