"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Time in: 4:30
Time out: 12:30

When I went in to work on Thursday I was completely expecting it to drag slowly by. It was my first day of five days in a row and these are my last five days in the Character Room for now until I switch to the MiSiCi Parade. I was fully expecting it to be torture. I walked in and my coordinator said to just ignore what my track sheet said because she was missing 3 people and she really just needed me to stay in laundry all day. I've never actually had to be in laundry before. I'm in Soil all the time, where I sort out the costumes and then send them to laundry, but my tracks have never been just laundry. The most amazing thing happened: time FLEW by!! I don't know if it was because being in laundry is so tedious and I always had something to do or if it was because I'd never done that specific job before and it was new. Whatever the reason, it was lovely. Every time I looked at the clock it was at least 20 minutes later, which never happens. I tend to look at the clock every five minutes normally. But, by the end of the night I was so surprised that the shift was over and I just skipped merrily along to clock out. It was lovely.

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment