"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Time in: 7:45 a.m.
Time out: 8:45 p.m.

Today I was training on Track 2 with Ginny and it was a relatively easy day. There were a few hiccups but nothing major. For starters, the Track 1 lady today (Edna) was late so the rest of  us had to build her stilts and load up the truck. She didn't show up until it was time to leave for Shade Control. Once we got there, Ginny taught me how to put together King Louie's head and arm pieces which look much scarier than they are. She showed me how to put together the mesh bags in the stilt bin and things like that. The stilts are Track 2's responsibility so that's much different than any other track. I like it and I don't like it at the same time. I like the people who are the stilt performers for the most part but it puts more pressure on me to have to interact with them and make conversation which usually takes me more time to get up the courage to do. So I'm working on that. We did a check with all the stilts about whether or not they wanted red shirts preset since a lot of the cards are mislabeled. The rest of the morning was easy and uneventful. After lunch we had a huge chunk of time where we had to pretend to be busy so I sorted and organized head pads for Lumiere.

The last two shows were relatively uneventful as well. We did have to build another Baloo costume because the performer wouldn't stay for the last show because he "had plans" and wasn't scheduled to be there that late so they had to pull in another performer last minute. So it was Ginny and my responsibility to build the extra costume. He's easier to build than he looks too. I'm noticing that pattern with pretty much every costume I learn to build. At the end of the night track 2 sends out the NSA laundry from the character room and Ginny and I sat down to review the day. It was a pretty solid day.

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment