"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Monday, March 25, 2013

Time in: 7:45 a.m.
Time out: 8:45 p.m.

Yesterday was crazy. It was the first day of the two Double Day Parade weeks, meaning the parade schedules are all kinds of whacked. MiSiCi only has one morning parade, then an early day parade, then normal 3:00 day parade, then two more MiSiCi parades. It's crazy. The poor performers are dead by the end of it. But yesterday we also had a mini-monsoon complete with tornado warnings, so the second day parade got cancelled. It was all kinds of confusion. Let's start from the top: (my track sheet can be found in the pages to the left)

When we first clocked in, it was only three of us there, including my coordinator Amanda. The other girl was track 5 and went straight to Shade Control so the day started with me and Amanda having to start building 8 stilt outfits all by ourselves. Then everyone else showed up and we were back on track. I had to make a run for Lumiere before the first show. He wanted this special extra puffy pad for his helmet so I had to go all the way to the PC for it. While down there Amanda radioed me that she needed character gloves as well. It felt pretty legit to be using the radio for the first time. I felt important. When I got back and the parade was getting to places, I had to walk Lumiere's candlesticks to his float for him because the girl whose track it was was nowhere to be found. Then we went back to the PC for a while and that's when the monsoon happened. The second Day Parade was cancelled so we had to break down Day Parade's costumes right there in the middle of the PC. It was absolute pandemonium because stuff was getting thrown everywhere by performers and costumers alike. I've never seen the PC such a mad house. When we got back to Shade Control to start up the two MiSiCi's we found out that the stilts were down, meaning the stilt performers would go out in the parade on foot. It rained so hard during the monsoon that the driving route that we normally take was flooded and we had to go over the train tracks instead which they never ever let us do. The whole day was just thrown for a loop by that monsoon, it affected everything. Then right before the last MiSiCi of the day I had to make another run to the PC to get a new Goofy head. And then they ended up not using it. By the end of the day I was exhausted and confused. I really hope the rest of double day parade weeks are not this hectic.

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment