"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Friday, March 29, 2013

Time in: 7:45 a.m.
Time out: 8:45 p.m.

I had to burn in on track 2 today since I trained on it yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Track 2 is the most different track I've learned so far so I thought I was going to forget everything. When I started building my stilts this morning I needed an XL liner for one of my performers but we were out. I told my coordinator about it and she called to Alterations to see if they had any that they could push to the front and fix so we could use them for the day. I was nervous for what would happen if they couldn't fix it. Would that stilt just be down (meaning not in the parade)? I would feel so bad since that was my stilt preset. Fortunately, Alt's had one ready and so once we loaded up the truck and got to Step Off I went downstairs to Alt's and picked it up. I had to kind of run to be sure I made it back with enough time to finish all my other things as well. I got back with time to spare and made the preset for Robert then ran to go set up King Louie's head piece but my coordinator Ana was already working on it. I was relieved because I didn't really want to do it. Ginny taught me well yesterday and I CAN do it, it's just a pain and I don't WANT to do it. Then I helped the stiltwalkers get ready for the first show since that's my track. It's kind of awkward to just stand there by myself watching them get ready until they need help with something but somebody's got to do it, I guess. Luckily they just kind of ignored me staring at them until they dropped something or needed scissors. I also asked them if they wanted water or anything to be nice and hospitable and stuff. It's hard for them to get water once they get suited up in the stilts.

After the first parade I went downstairs to the Character Room to put away the stuff from last night in the dry room and help with what got dropped off from NSA. We had to check it all for damages and send some stuff to Alt's. Then to waste time I went through the line of MiSiCi clothes and checked that things were sorted correctly. After that was lunch break.

I build my Louie, Baloo and Lumiere pretty quickly so I helped Luz sort helmet pads for a while. She is one of my absolute favorite people to work with. She's hysterical and we have a great time. Today Day Parade did a reverse step off so we had to drive the van up to Shade Control to help break down. I always get the Day Parade music stuck in my head, it's so catchy. We had a break after that and then we headed back up to Shade Control for the last two shows. It got less awkward with the stiltwalkers and most of them learned my name and we were kind of joking which was really nice. It's hard to get really comfortable with them because they change daily but I've been trying.

We had a different King Louie for the last two shows so we had to use the preset I had made. That means I'll have to make another one when I get there tomorrow which is annoying. But that also meant that I had to set up Louie's head again and this time Ana didn't do it for me. I did it right, thankfully and it only took a second. After the last parade we broke down and I did the NSA laundry downstairs in the Character Room. The day flowed pretty nicely.

That's all the magic for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment