"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Welcome to Parades

Time in: 8:45 a.m.
Time out: 7:45 p.m.

Today was absolutely the most amazing day I've ever had at work!!! It was my first day on a parade and it was so incredibly fantastic! I'm in love. There was such energy and fun happening that it's like night and day difference from my usual Character Room job. 

I'm on the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! (henceforth referred to as MiSiCi) parade that performs 3 times a day on Main Street of Magic Kingdom. It's full of energy and it's pretty much a street party, not a parade. The guests are all invited to dance and party along in the middle of Main Street and everybody has a blast. The performers get exhausted, but it's so fun. With my trainer I got to go out there and see that parade as well as Celebrate A Dream Come True parade (henceforth referred to as Day Parade). It was very cool because most of the performers in MiSiCi also perform in Day Parade so we saw the same faces over and over and the trainer I was with is beloved by everybody so the performers kept coming over and giving us hugs and special attention. I loved it. We walked through the whole day on MiSiCi and I basically just tried to absorb everything I could. I have to go through a day of training on every single track individually so today was just an overview but I still tried to learn a lot. I had a blast with all the costuming employees on MiSiCi they're tons of fun. So was being around  the same performers all day. MiSiCi helps Day Parade a little bit in the middle of the day so it's all very teamwork oriented. And there's a very set schedule for everything that happens. I loved it. We did too much to remember it was all very crazy, but it was a lot of overview things mainly. It was a huge whirlwind day but I'm absolutely in love with it and can't wait for this to be my new assignment!

That's all the magic for today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment